Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Reflections of Christmas

As the year draws to a close and we near the fun and festivities of the Holiday Season, you start to really reminisce about Holiday visions and what each past Christmas has brought to your memory bank.

Dating back to the days when paying mortgage bills and stressing about work deadlines were virtually non-existent and the only thing that mattered during the Holiday season was if I was finally going to see Santa and especially if the doll I really wanted was going to be wrapped underneath the tree... some of the best memories in my life have been on Christmas Day.

Left: Toothless Grin, happy 7 year old Carol on Christmas Day | Right: 20 year old Carol receiving gift from Grandma         
Age does not exist on Christmas mornings -- I still get that thrill myself (and perhaps even still BELIEVE that Santa does exist... he does, doesn't he?)

Christmas matters a great deal to me and my family.
It's not only another Holiday for us, but a special time to show our love for one another and celebrate the special joy of the season with lots of fun, laughter, and good food!
Our saying: "Always leave with full hearts and full tummies!"


Come with me along the years as I reflect on past Christmas'...

My daughter's first Christmas! [Christmas 2008]
Christmas 2009 - Ava with Grandpa E 
This picture is particularly special to us and Ava. This past year we lost our Father (and her Grandpa) and oh did he adore Ava. This was her first Christmas spent with him at his place when she was a year and a half. Here he is chuckling as he patiently adds the ornaments back to the tree that Ava would constantly remove in her toddler curiousity and playfulness and then run towards her stack of presents!
Such a sweet memory.

Christmas 2010 
Christmas 2011
 Presents!
Santa is here! Ava's excitement cannot be contained. The joy in Children's faces is priceless.
Baby Talan's First Christmas! [Christmas 2012]


What a lovely walk down the candy cane-lined memory lane.

As I prepare for the upcoming 2013 Christmas, one other must-do is to have my children write Santa a letter telling him what was on their Wish list.

Sears makes it so much more easier with their brilliant and jam-packed Sears Wish Book.
We look forward to it every year!

Check out the markings on Ava's Sears Wish Book a couple years back. I told her to mark in purple crayon what she wanted. Can you tell someone loved Hello Kitty? I love that Sears categorizes their Wish Book to fit all ages and preferences for kids of all ages!


Did I mention I was recently selected as a new #SearsMom Ambassador?


This of course is not only exciting for me and my family but fitting as we are loyal and happy customers of Sears! You can follow along on social media via hashtag #SearsMom!

I LOVE their Sears' Top Toys Selection which you can find on their website in their Toy Shop.

My son has the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Crawl Around Car and it's definitely a MUST-HAVE for growing and exploratory toddlers.
Big Hugs Elmo is also another great gift idea this year for young kids. He hugs you back! 

My daughter has her sights set on the LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Tablet (this makes me happy as a mother as she's not only playing but learning!) 
My future doctor also has a LOVE for Doc McStuffins and playing doc so this Top Toy, Disney Doc McStuffins Get Better Check-Up Centre is definitely on her Wish List!

EXCITING CONTEST!
Starting Friday November 15th, and each Friday following (until December 13th), Sears will be hosting a Friday Daily Facebook contest GIVEAWAY! They’ll be giving away one of their top and hottest holiday toys – and all you have to do is leave a comment. How easy is that?

Here's to many more special Holiday memories!

----
Disclosure: I am part of the Sears Mom Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

This is such a touching post. Thank you for sharing your family photos... you have a beautiful family!
Christmas in the Gomez Home sounds and looks like a lot of fun!

Annie1 said...

I simply adore the Christmas tree with the sunflowers! Its gorgeous! And nothing could be cuter than your baby!!

JennyS said...

What nice pictures you have shared. Christmas surely is a time to cherish with family and friends.
We love the Sears wish book! We also look forward to receiving it in the mail every year.

Tiffany Dover said...

All of these pictures are just wonderful! Thank you for sharing! I love seeing other people's family Christmas pictures. So glad you cherish your family so much!

Cheryl said...

I love the Christmas photos! Thanks for the heads up about the Sears contest.

Unknown said...

What a great post, I loved seeing all of your family Christmas pictures, you have a very beautiful family. Also, thanks for sharing about the Sears contest, I will check it out :)

Unknown said...

What great memories! Christmas is definitely a time for reflection, not just of the year, but really all that we have experienced so far. I hope you and your family have another amazing Christmas this year.

Deena said...

We love the wish book here too. I really like how they categorize everything even down to price point. Makes it easier for us parents to navigate our kids to the right page. Ha!
Such a sweet and sentimental post! Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas memories.
Will definitely be entering the Sears contests! Thanks!

Sharon F said...

What great pictures! Thank you for giving us a peek into your family's Christmas celebrations -- looks like so much fun! Sears fans here too! So many great new changes to Sears over the years. Will check out the contest!

Judy Cowan said...

Thanks for sharing a peek into your Christmas celebrations. Love the pictures and the excitement in the kids eyes. Christmas is magical for kids and adults alike. I have fond memories of making my list to Santa from the Sears Wishbook. Will check out the Sears contest, thank you! (Judy Cowan)

Unknown said...

I love love love watching kids go through the wish book and circle things. Chandra Christine O'Connor

Lissy said...

What precious and beautiful pictures! Christmas in your home looks like it's always lovely and filled with goodies!
Sears Wishbook isn't just for kids! I love looking at it too when I get it in the mail. :)

Victoria Ess said...

Thanks for sharing! Christmas looks like such a warm and loving time of the year at chez Gomez. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

this is so sweet!! i love it ! i know the kiddies will appreciate the memories when they grow up too
marla\
@marlibu

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2011 Carol Au Courant, AllRightsReserved.