Saturday, April 14, 2012

Attack of the Muffins: Finish Challenge

No, I'm not talking about my ever-expanding muffin top - that's a whole different blog post.
One thing I always have ready and fresh on my kitchen counter are moist & delicious muffins, ready for the picking!
My family's favourite recipe is my moist banana blueberry muffins.  They have been a family favourite for years and what's great about them is that they stay nice and moist and yummy for days!

BUT, these little things also wreak havoc on my muffin tray!  In the event I don't have liners and forget to butter the pan first AND I leave the dirty tray to sit out for a lot longer than it's suppose to, oh boy, I'm in for some serious scrubbing action. Well, that was before I started using Finish Quantum tablets in my dishwasher.

Mind you, this is one very difficult to clean off! Despite the power of the tablets, you definitely have to soak it in water for a few minutes just to loosen the dried-up & hard muffin batter.
This still goes a long way from old dishwasher cleaners I use to use.  A water soak for a few minutes did absolutely nothing to it when thrown in the dishwasher.  I'd still have to scrub hard to get the majority of the dirt off before placing into the dishwasher.  On top of that, you'd still have tons of leftover, icky stuff on the tray.  Gross.
I mean it when I tell you that Finish Quantum really does the dirty work for you and does it well!

Another great Finish product I finally used this month was the Finish Dishwasher Cleaner.  Talk about a little spa treatment for my dishwasher -- what a HUGE difference! 
The inside of my dishwasher was like new again including the smell.  We all know how horrible your dishwasher starts to smell after many weeks of cleaning. Even after cleaning dishes, it can leave that odd scent on your dishes especially the plastics. Double gross.
After I used the dishwasher cleaner, everything comes out extra spotless and smelling like it's suppose to... clean.


I'd rather focus on eating these delicious muffins with a nice warm beverage than spend the time pre-cleaning the tray, wouldn't you?


Here's my recipe for my family's moist & delicious Banana Blueberry Muffins:

Ingredients:
  • 3 bananas (ripe) *Because we always have leftover overly ripe bananas, don't we? ;) 
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg (slightly beaten)
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
Method:
  1. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add sugar and egg.
  3. Add butter and blueberries.
  4. Combine dry ingredients and gently stir into banana mixture.
  5. Pour into 12 well-greased muffin cups.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.

Now can I ask you? Have you joined the Finish Revolution yet? 
They have a newly built (and fast growing!) Fan Page on Facebook and always featuring some great specials and offers that you don't want to miss including free products!

****
Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Blogger Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

10 comments:

Paula Schuck said...

Nice carol:

I have a family friendly recipe linky called cooking with kids every thursday. You should double post this there. Even more exposure that way.

Thriftymommastips
@inkscrblr

Carol Gomez said...

Hi Paula! Thanks for this! Will do!

Lee-Ann said...

Wow, that was a great challenge! I'll have to try out my muffin pan when I'm doing making muffins!

Unknown said...

Love this post! Thanks for sharing your pics...and thanks for sharing your recipe! :-)

Ourfamilyworld said...

Great pics! I love my Quantum tabs! They are Great!! These muffins look amazing!

Carol Gomez said...

Thanks Finish Ladies! :)
I'm a believer! :p

My Wee View said...

WOW... muffins are very hard to get clean :) That is impressive

Carol Gomez said...

Oh yes. Those suckers are a pain once they're stuck on there!

Unknown said...

Whoa!My muffin tin looks EXACTLY like that and I threw it out and picked up a new one. I really need to have my dishwasher cleaned because I have never done it before.

Judy Cowan said...

Thanks for the recipe and I will have to try putting my muffin pan in the dishwasher. I have always been afraid to put it in! (Judy Cowan)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2011 Carol Au Courant, AllRightsReserved.